October 3, 2015 (Etihad Stadium): Man City 6-1 Newcastle United
Man City: DLWWW
- Newcastle United have won none of the last 18 BPL meetings against Man CIty (D2 L16), losing the last 12 in a row
- Indeed, if Man City win they’ll equal the record of consecutive Premier League wins against a specific opponent (13-Manchester United against Wigan Athletic)
- Newcastle have scored just one goal in their last six Premier League games against Man City, conceding 23 in that time
- Sergio Aguero has scored 10 goals in just eight PL appearances against Newcastle United
- Manuel Pellegrini’s next victory will be his 100th as Manchester City manager in all competitions
Yaya Toure returned from a knee injury at Stamford Bridge, but Gael Clichy (back), David Silva (ankle) and Raheem Sterling (groin) will not feature.
Vincent Kompany is a potential addition to Pellegrini’s squad after his latest calf issue, though Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolas Otamendi have helped see out consecutive clean sheets.
Benitez could welcome Daryl Janmaat back from a groin injury and has seen signs that his players have it within them to escape the drop.
Newcastle XI: Darlow; Anita, Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummett; Tioté, Colback; Townsend, Sissoko, Wijnaldum; Cissé
Man City XI: Hart; Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov; Touré, Fernandinho; Navas, De Bruyne, Nasri; Agüero
PREDICTION: Newcastle 1-2 Man City