NORWICH VS SUNDERLAND
August 15, 2015 (Stadium of Light): Sunderland 1-3 Norwich
- Norwich City have lost none of the last five BPL meetings with Sunderland (W2 D2 L0)
- There has been a red card in three of the last four Premier League meetings between the Black Cats and the Canaries
- Sunderland have won just three of their last 27 Premier League away matches (W3 D9 L15)
- Norwich have won only five of their last 19 Premier League matches at Carrow Road
- The Black Cats have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League away games
Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce has a fully fit squad to choose from after Duncan Watmore returned to training following an ankle injury.
Norwich defender Timm Klose faces a race to be fit after injuring his knee at Palace, but Russell Martin could return after a knock.
Norwich XI: Ruddy; Wisdom, Bennett, Klose, Olsson; Jarvis, O’Neil, Howson, Brady; Naismith; Mbokani
Sunderland XI: Mannone; Yedlin, Koné, Kaboul, van Aanholt; Kirchhoff; Borini, Cattermole, M’Vila, Khazri; Defoe
PREDICTION: Norwich 0-1 Sunderland
EVERTON VS SOUTHAMPTON
August 15, 2015 (St. Marys’ Stadium): Southampton 0-3 Everton
- Everton have lost just two of their last 12 BPL meetings with Southampton (W6 D4 L2)
- Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances against Southampton and one own goal in Saints’ favor.
- Three of Southampton’s last five goals in this fixture have been own goals
- Everton have collected as many points from their last 10 home games in the Premier League as Aston Villa have (8)
- Shane Long has now equaled his best tally of goals in a single BPL season (8); the Irish striker has scored three times in his six Premier League appearances
Everton manager Roberto Martinez will assess Ross Barkley, Leighton Baines and Aaron Lennon (hamstring) after the trio ended Wednesday’s 0-0 draw against Crystal Palace in discomfort, while midfielder James McCarthy is suspended, after being sent off at Selhurst Park.
Koeman will welcome back Northern Ireland midfielder Steven Davis after an ankle problem, although striker Charlie Austin is sidelined with a knee injury.
Everton XI: Robles; Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori, Baines; Barry, Besic; Deulofeu, Barkley, Lennon; Lukaku
Southampton XI: Forster; Martina, Fonte, Van Dijk, Bertrand; Wanyama, Clasie; Tadic, Mane, Long; Pelle
PREDICTION: Everton 1-3 Southampton
MANCHESTER UNITED VS ASTON VILLA
August 14, 2015 (Villa Park): Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd
Man Utd: LLLLL
- Aston Villa have won none of their last 12 Premier League meetings with Manchester United (W0 D3 L9)
- Wayne Rooney has scored 13 PL goals against Aston Villa. He has only netted more against Newcastle in the competition (14)
- Aston Villa have won none of their last 15 Premier League away games (D3 L12)
- The Red Devils have kept 10 clean sheets in their last 15 Premier League home matches
- The Villains have scored just five goals in their last 12 Premier League games on the road
Gabriel Agbonlahor is not in contention for Villa, after the club prescribed a two-week period of specific fitness work for their long-serving forward.
United’s season-long injury woes have abated considerably over recent weeks but they remain without long-term absentees Bastian Schweinsteiger (knee) and Luke Shaw (broken leg).
Man Utd XI: De Gea; Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Schneiderlin, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, Martial; Rashford
Aston Villa XI: Guzan; Bacuna, Lescott, Clark, Cissokho; Sinclair, Sanchez, Gueye, Westwood, Richardson; Ayew
PREDICTION: Man Utd 3-1 Aston Villa
NEWCASTLE UNITED VS SWANSEA CITY
August 15, 2015 (Liberty Stadium): Swansea 2-0 Newcastle
- Newcastle United have won just one of their nine Barclays Premier League matches against Swansea City (W1 D2 L6)
- Papiss Cisse has scored four goals in five league appearances against Swansea
- Swansea have lost none of their last four BPL trips to St James’ Park, winning the last three in a row
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored nine goals in 2016, a tally only bettered by Sergio Aguero and Harry Kane (11 goals each)
- Newcastle have won just one point in their last seven Premier League matches (W0 D1 L6)
Benitez has been boosted by the return of defender Paul Dummett, but Newcastle will be without Tim Krul (knee), Massadio Haidara (knee) and Rob Elliot (knee) due to injury.
Daryl Janmaat (groin), Steven Taylor (muscular), Fabricio Coloccini (calf) and Kevin Mbabu (thigh) are all in danger of missing out as well.
Guidolin confirmed that Leon Britton is back in contention for Swansea after missing the Chelsea match with a back problem.
Newcastle XI: Darlow; Dummett, Taylor, Mbemba, Anita; Colback, Shelvey; Townsend, Wijnaldum, Perez; Mitrovic
Swansea XI: Fabianski; Rangel, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor; Cork, Fer; Sigurdsson, Montero, Ayew; Paloschi
PREDICTION: Newcastle 1-0 Swansea
WEST BROMWICH ALBION VS WATFORD
August 15, 2015 (Vicarage Road): Watford 0-0 West Brom
West Brom: DWLDL
- West Bromwich Albion have lost none of their last 15 league meetings with Watford (W8 D7 L0)
- Watford have failed to keep a clean sheet on their last seven league trips to the Hawthorns, conceding 21 goals in the process
- Over the last 27 meetings between these sides in all competitions, Watford have failed to beat West Brom when they have conceded a goal
- West Brom have scored exactly 50 goals in 50 Barclays Premier League matches under Tony Pulis
- Just eight players have scored a Premier League goal for Watford this season; a joint league-low with Stoke City
Chris Brunt is unavailable due to a knee injury, while James Morrison (hamstring) and Salomon Rondon (knock) are doubtful.
Watford may have to make do without Etienne Capoue due to a knock.
West Brom XI: Foster; Dawson, McAuley, Evans, Chester; Sandro, Fletcher, Sessegnon, Berahino, McClean; Rondon
Watford XI: Gomes; Paredes, Cathcart, Britos, Holebas; Behrami, Suarez. Watson, Amrabat; Deeney, Ighalo
PREDICTION: West Brom 1-1Watford
CHELSEA VS MANCHESTER CITY
Fabruary 21, 2016 (Stamford Bridge/Capital One Cup): Chelsea 5-1 Man City
Man City: WDLWW
- Chelsea have won 11 and lost just one of their last 17 Barclays Premier League games against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea have won just one of their last seven Premier League home games, drawing the other six
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last seven Premier League away matches (W3 D3 L1)
- Sergio Aguero has scored 10 goals in his last 11 Premier League appearances for Manchester City
- Chelsea have now lost 10 Premier League games this season- more than in 2014/15 and 2013/14 combined (9)
Pellegrini says that Sergio Aguero is fit to face Chelsea on Saturday, while Vincent Kompany (calf) and Raheem Sterling (groin) could return for the trip to Newcastle United on Tuesday. David Silva is out with an ankle problem.
Chelsea welcome back Willian, Gary Cahill and Nemanja Matic from injury this weekend, while Diego Costa returns from suspension.
John Terry (Achilles), Eden Hazard (hip) and Loic Remy (groin) are out of the Man City match.
Chelsea XI: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Baba Rahman; Fabregas, Mikel; Oscar, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro; Costa
Man CIty XI: Hart; Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov; Fernando, Toure; Navas, Delph, De Bruyne; Aguero
PREDICTION: Chelsea 2-2 Man City
AFC BOURNEMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL
October 28, 2015 (Anfield): Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth
- Liverpool have lost none of the eight matches in all competitions they have played against AFC Bournemouth (W6 D2 L0)
- AFC Bournemouth have scored just four goals in those eight meetings with the Reds, and never more than once in a match
- The two sides have already met twice this season with Liverpool winning both games 1-0, once in the league and once in the Capital One Cup
- If Liverpool win, they will become the first team in the BPL to win away at 50 different grounds
AFC Bournemouth could be boosted by the return of Junior Stanislas (hamstring), although Harry Arter (Achilles), Benik Afobe (hamstring) and Adam Smith (hernia) are out.
For Liverpool, midfielder Emre Can, who suffered an ankle injury against Dortmund, serves the second part of his two-match suspension.
Bournemouth XI: Boruc; Daniels, Cook, Elphick, Francis; Gradel, Surman, Gosling, Ritchie; King, Wilson
Liverpool XI: Mingolet; Moreno, Sakho, Skrtel, Clyne; Milner, Allen, Henderson; Coutinho, Lallana; Sturridge
PREDICTION: Bournemouth 1- 2 Liverpool
LEICESTER CITY VS WEST HAM UNITED
September 22,2015 (King Power Stadium): Leicester 2-1 West Ham
West Ham: WWDDD
- West Ham United have won 10 Barclays Premier League matches against Leicester City, with the Foxes winning five and the other two ending in draws
- The Hammers have lost just four of their last 16 BPL away matches (W6 D6 L4)
- Leicester have kept seven clean sheets in their last eight league encounters at the King Power Stadium
- The Foxes have trailed for 47 minutes in their 22 top-flight matches since the start of November 2015
- Dimitri Payet has had a hand in seven goals in his last seven Premier League appearances (three goals, four assists)
A notable list of potential injury absentees further complicates the task at hand for the visitors, who may be without Diafra Sakho (knee), Alex Song (knock), Sam Byram (muscular) and Carl Jenkinson (knee).
Ranieri gave his squad a clean bill of health and has everybody fit and available.
Leicester XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy
West Ham XI: Adrian; Tomkins, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Noble, Kouyate; Payet, Lanzini, Antonio; Carroll
PREDICTION: Leicester 3-2 West Ham
ARSENAL VS CRYSTAL PALACE
August 16, 2015 (Selhurst Park): Crystal palace 1-2 Arsenal
- Arsenal have won 10 and lost just one of their 13 Barclays Premier League matches against Crystal Palace, including victories in the last six
- The Gunners have won none of their three London derbies at home in the league this season (D1 L2)
- Crystal Palace have taken fewer points in London derbies (four) than any other club this term
- Olivier Giroud has scored in three of his four BPL starts against the Eagles
- Arsenal’s next victory in the Premier League will be their 500th; only Man Utd (582) have won more often in the competition
Palace will be missing Dwight Gayle (gluteal) while Zaha is carrying a slight knock and manager Alan Pardew feels his side’s recent good run should give them confidence for Sunday’s match.
Arsene Wenger will still be without the likes of Santi Cazorla (knee), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee), Tomas Rosicky and Jack Wilshere (leg).
Arsenal XI: Cech; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Elneny, Coquelin; Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez; Welbeck
Crystal Palace XI: Hennessey; Ward, Dann, Delaney, Souare; Puncheon, Jedinak, Cabaye; Bolasie, Gayle, Zaha
PREDICTION: Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace