December 5, 2015 (Old Trafford): Man Utd 0-0 West Ham
- This is the ninth time that these sides have been drawn in the FA Cup- the previous eight have alternated between West Ham progressing twice and Manchester United progressing twice
- The Red Devils have progressed the last two times they’ve faced West Ham in the FA Cup, meaning West Ham could go through if the sequence was to continue
- West Ham scored as many goals in their last FA Cup away games as they had in their previous 11 in the competition (5)
- Louis van Gaal’s side were eliminated at this stage last season, to eventual winners Arsenal
- Michail Antonio has scored in his last three appearances for West Ham in all competitions
Juan Mata will be suspended for this tie, while Luke Shaw, Wayne Rooney and Ashley young remain sidelined through injury. Bastian Schweinsteiger and Antonio Valencia are in contention to return to the squad after recovering from their injuries.
As for West Ham, Enner Valencia, Victor Moses and Joey O’Brien are all available following spells on the sidelines and Winston Reid could also return at centre-back. James Collins and James Tomkins will both miss out through injury, however, and January signing Sam Bryam is cup-tied. Andy Caroll and Diafra Sakho, meanwhile, are both in line to replace Emmanuel Emenike in the final third of the field.
Man Utd XI: De Gea; Varela, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin; Memphis, Herrera, Lingard; Martial
West Ham XI: Adrian; O’Brien, Ogbonna, Reid, Cresswell; Noble, Obiang; Antonio, Payet, Lanzini; Carroll